Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

how much did you pay for your new boat? when do the 2015's come out?

skidtrash
skidtrash Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
When do the 2015 boats become available?  Looking at maybe trying to get a leftover model if they're coming out anytime soon.....What did some of you pay for your NEW hurricanes? Im looking into the 187OB but dont know whats a good deal!!! 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    They start building the new model year boats in the July/August time frame.  I ordered my boat in July as a 2011 model, it came in August as a 2012.  So it's in the fall when you can probably get your best deal on a leftover, if they have any.  
    Most years I've seen Hurricane come out with a sales discount program called "Amazing Boat Deals" (They are usually identified in the catalog). They pick a number of "three digit" model boats (most three digit models have been in production for a long time) and target them for very nice discounts.  I took advantage of this deal when I bought my boat.  This year the "Amazing" deals lasted until March 31st and your model was included.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• skidtrash
    looks like im 2 months late huh.... fml lol
  • cjjjdeck
    I started to type that, but deleted it to be nice! lol ;)

You're just in boat fever time!  Mine's going in the water in about a week and I can't wait.

• cjjjdeck
    Just an update, many dealers still honor the "Amazing" pricing on in stock boats even though the factory incentive has ended.  So you may want to ask any dealer you visit if they are willing to honor the deal.  Hope may not be lost! 

• jeed020787
    jeed020787 Member Posts: 1
    I ordered my 2014 SD187 I/O at the Boston boat show in February.  It is going in the water next week.  Very excited!!
  • skidtrash
    @cjjdeck..... went in to the dealer on saturday "just to look" and they had just received a 2014 trade in already! I jumped on it pick it up friday! got a **** of a deal compared to a new boat and its only 2 months old from when the original owner took delivery of it image
  • servmgr64
    servmgr64 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Won't tell what I paid, but for 2013 my fd226 & 150 4 stroke mercury went up $13,000.00 according to this web site this year.
    servmgr64 2013 FD226 2013 Mercury 150 4-stroke 2014 Shorelander
  • cjjjdeck
    Awesome boat and a great find skidtrash!  It looks like it even has two bimini tops, very cool!

Welcome to the Hurricane Owners Club!

Best of luck! 

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking boat!  What model is it?  Looks something like my 217, so I'm guessing its a 187 or a 217.  I also like the front cover.  I'd like to see a photo with both tops up.

Post up some more photos when you get it on the water.  Sounds like you hit a great deal!
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • skidtrash
    @ernest T ....Yea its a 187 OB  was thinking about something bigger but its really all I need.... I havent seen the front top up yet either ill def take a pic tomorrow when I put her in for the first time 
  • skidtrash
    Took her out for the maiden voyage today! 
  • skidtrash
    @cjjjdeck  The dealer told me that the Hurricane warranty was fully transferable and has already been done but page one in the owners manual says its non amendable or transferable...... is he lying to me?
  • cjjjdeck
    My understanding is that the boat warranty goes with the original owner and is not transferable, the engine and drive is.  I guess how the boat was originally registered might make a difference, like if it was a dealer's "demo" boat or something like that.  Or maybe the original ownership time was so short Hurricane was willing to transfer the warranty.  I would get clarification from the dealer why there is an exception in your case. 

• skidtrash
    thanks.. im going in tomorrow morning.. ill keep you updated