Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

possible new owner.....

Options
dualgwp
dualgwp Member Posts: 3
Hi all, glad to find this forum. 

I am looking at a 2004 Hurricane Fun Deck 226REE with 115HP Yamaha 4 stroke engine only 118 hours. We took her out for a ride and the engine started right up, and seems to run good. I am having it surveyed tomorrow and hopefully everything will check out in good condition. 

Figured since I found this group I would ask- anything special I should watch out for in this boat? Problems for this model? Suggestions, advice? We will be using it in and around Pine Island FL- some fishing, some cruising, mostly just going for a ride. 

Seems like these boats hold their value well- the NADA price guide is much lower then I have seen them advertised for- and this one is a couple thousand over the NADA as well. It is in great shape with good cushions around. 

Well, that's it.. here to pick brains and get advice! Thanks
Dualgwp

Best Answer

Answers

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a friend with a similar model in the Fun Deck family.  His is a 2002 and has had no issues (except he has small kids and those models/years with the plastic handles on the doors/hatches tend to get broken).  Having said that, remove the kid part and I think you're in fine shape.

If the survey passes, I think you'll be getting a great boat.  A boat that appears to be in great shape, that passes a marine survey and mechanical thumbs up should be the biggest vote of confidence.  

They hold their value and typically Hurricanes/deckboats don't last long because of their versatility in use so it keeps the resale up.  Here in Canada its tough to find one used.  Owners keep them.

I don't think there is anything specific to worry about on this boat vs other brands/models that a marine surveryor wouldn't look at regardless of make/year.

Hope it works out and you join the Hurricane Owners family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • dualgwp
    Options
    thank you for taking the time for the reply! I hope it checks out good .... I want to go boating!
    Dualgwp
  • dualgwp
    Options
    I bought it and just brought it home. Let the fun begin!
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fantastic news... Congratulations and welcome to the Hurricane Owner's family

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer