Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Digital Depth Finder; In-dash (not reading properly / showing 0.0)

RSTAC1
RSTAC1 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
2nd season with our SD 217 IO (2013 model year) and looking forward to warmer weather and getting out on the water.  We launched the boat this past weekend for the season and the in-dash digital depth finder was not reading properly.  It was showing / blinking "0.0" no matter what depth we were in.  This is the 1st time back in the water after a winter season so I'm wondering if there is a "reset" procedure which needs to occur.  I unfortunately do not have the manual for the depth finder and therefore can not look it up on the web.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Any ideas?

Thanks a ton!

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    If your unit is made by Faria (that what I have on my boat), here's a link to the manual:

If you need further help. I would suggest you contact them at 800-473-2742

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• RSTAC1
    RSTAC1 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Thank you cjjjdeck! Exactly what I needed. Thanks a ton!
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    On my 217 the in dash depth gauge also always reads 0, but that is because I have a Lowrance unit installed and the transducer was disconnected from the in dash unit and is connected to the Lowrance.  I'd check behind the gauge to be sure it is connected and the wiring has not come loose.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner