Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Windshield option for my SS188.

duckholler
duckholler Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
Anyone know if I can get a taller windshield for my 2011 SS188?
2011 188SS 115hp Yamaha/17p prop Roadrunner Trailer

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a copy of my response to a replacement windshield question on a earlier post on the forum.

I would contact them and ask if they can customize the existing windshield to be taller.

"There are replacement windshield manufacturers/fabricators that can duplicate plastic boat windshields.  I gave some a call to see what was entailed.  Most indicated that they would need pictures of the old windshield e-mailed to them to get an idea if they are able to match the dimensions and contour and, if they can do it, give you an estimate of the cost.  If you give the green light,  they usually want the original one sent so they can be as accurate as possible fabricating the replacement.

Here's some contact info on the ones I talked to.  There's more out there (maybe even located closer to where you live), this will at least get you going:

Stellar Plastics Fabricating, LLC
    14121 Gratiot Ave.
    Detroit, MI 48208 
    Phone: (800) 743-6001

www.stellarplastics.com

Talked with "Bill" (great guy, he was very helpful and accommodating).  He advised pricing can be from around $150.00 to $500.00 depending on how complicated the design.

Ridout Plastics/ePlastics 
    5535 Ruffin Road
    San Diego, CA 92123 
    phone: 858.560.1551

www.eplastics.com

Talked with "George" (also very helpful and accommodating)"

Hope this helps and if it does, please update us to let the forum know how you made out (some pictures would be great too!).

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• duckholler
    duckholler Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Thanks for the information. I will check into getting a custom shield produced and update. Surprised there's not something out there already.
    2011 188SS 115hp Yamaha/17p prop Roadrunner Trailer