Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Captain's chair change

ebobby
ebobby Member Posts: 1
I have a 2005 Hurricane Fun Deck 196 and the Captains' chair is a little too close to the dashboard for my long legs -- is there another chair I can order that would give me more room, or do I need to move the chair physically back on the deck (or get some kind of slider mount)?  I believe I have adjusted the chair as far back as it goes.

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that you more than likely will need to move the pedestal base back to a position that works better for you.  Not sure if you're comfortable in doing work like that yourself, but any Hurricane dealer or local marine shop could do it for you.

Before you do it, Veada manufactures the seat and you may want to contact them first just in case they have a better suggestion.

www.veada.com
    877-311-4077
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    ebobby, I follow with great interest your quest for a new seat. I also have a FD196 and have noted that there is already precious little room for walking behind the chair to access the swim ladder. No room to move back. What I miss is seating for two at helm. Tell us what you end up with please.
  • levmac
    levmac Member Posts: 11
    I had/have the same issue on my 2013 211SS. I found that I did not have enough room when I would stand up.  Getting some good advice from Capt. Steve...I purchased a new replacement seat from Veada.  It was the Captains Chair with the fold up bolster(around $265).  I will admit that the fold up bolster did work well but I am still thinking that I would like a different set up.  Maybe a leaning post with foot rest would work better for me on the 211??. The replacement seat fit like stock and matched my new white seats.  The fold up bolster gives you about 4 inches extra space...give or take.
  • Susie50
    Susie50 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2013 18'9" Sundeck and have been using a floatation throw cushion to boost me us just so I can sit at the helm, because doing so I reduces the angle of my legs so I can fit. I am 5'10". However, I still can't sit normally with my legs straight forward... thanks for the folding bolster seat idea. I have been looking at trying to get a telescoping seat, moving the whole seat back on the deck, and/or replacing it with a  a pedestal. 
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Owners Forum!

I believe Veada manufactured the helm seat on your boat.  They do have multi adjustable pedestals that might fit the seat you have or you might look at the seats with the pop-up bolster.  You may want to contact them and ask.  Here's a link to their website and one of the adjustable pedestals:

http://veada.com/

Adjustable pedestal:

http://veada.com/boat-pedestals/ha104p-mainstay-boat-seat-pedestal.html

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• powerhouse
    powerhouse Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Good info.  It looks like my original seat was replaced with a plastic one.  I'm also having the issue of the seat being to close to the console, I'd like to replace it with more comfortable seat and a sliding base.
    2002 FD196F/Yamaha 115