Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Pulled the trigger on 2014 188 OB

longlake
longlake Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
Hey gang,

I'm excited. Pulled the trigger on new years eve after considering my purchase for the past 4 months. Thanks for the posts that helped me sort through whether the IO or OB was the best option for me.  After lots of thought, came to the conclusion that best for my needs is the OB...though I'll certainly miss that rear swim platform.

Had planned on buying a 2013 closeout model, but found such a good deal on a new 2014 that the decision was easy.  

188 OB
Navy Blue with tan interior
Stereo with Bluetooth 4 speakers
Fish finder
Deluxe fishing seat
Stainless steel package upgrade
EZ Loader 4 bunk Trailer

I boat in Minnesota, so it's going to be a loooooong winter before I can get that puppy in the water.

Lots of fun family memories ahead.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!  You picked some good upgrades that will make you happy you did over time.  I debated on spending the extra money on a stainless steel rubrail, speaker grills and cup holders and I am sooo glad I upgraded.  Also, I opted for the upgraded fishing seat as well.  The higher back and and extra cushioning I find much more comfortable than the standard seat.

Best of luck with the boat and don't forget to post some pics when you can!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

@longlake, congratulations.  You'll absolutely love it.  I share in your pain as I'm in Canada waiting for the -30 weather to hurry up and leave to get the boat out on the water.

Share some pics when you can and happy boating.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • longlake
    longlake Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Thanks for the comments nquirk and cjjjdeck.  I'll be sure to post some pics when boating season hits.