Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

anchor storage & ski pole on 2012 sundeck ss211

Options
mjowens
mjowens Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
Hi, new here. Couple questions. Trying to find correct anchor to fit storage compartment. Wanted danforth...liked the 13pounder but the stand keeps from shutting locker door. Any ideas or suggestions here. Also, does the ski pole come out without complications? Got it as option but have no use for it. Any suggestions or ideas welcomed. Thanks.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had the same issue with the Danforth anchor.  I ended up using a Chene (pronounced "shane") anchor which has worked very well for me.  Two features I appreciate with this design is the lighter weight and not having to use as much rode (rope) length (most anchors typically use a 7:1 length to depth ratio; the Chene uses a 2:1 ratio).

Here's a link to their site if you're interested:

Unfortunately I haven't any experience with the ski pole to comment.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• mjowens
    Options
    Thanks for help. I like the looks of the Chene and look forward to getting one.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Happy to help. 

I do want to mention, most bodies of water I boat on have soft or muddy bottoms and this anchor has worked very well in that environment.  If you boat on rocky bottom bodies of water, then this might not be the best anchor, especially since you don't use chain attached to it to make it work.

Also, I used a suggestion from forum member MNDaveC and used a carabiner to attach the anchor to the anchor well cleat so it doesn't slide way down into the hull. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• mjowens
    Options
    Should work good in sandy bottom where I'll be doing a lot of fishing. Thanks for another good suggestion.