Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

should i disconnect my battery?

I use my boat about once a month in winter.  when I leave it parked, I disconnect my battery.  is that going to reset my hour meter each time?  I know when the dealer replaced the dash on my 2013 211 prior to purchase it zeroed it out.  thanks

2013 211 with yama 150

Best Answer

Answers

• levmac
    levmac Member Posts: 11
    ok...thanks.  I assume your hour meter is digital also?? I guess that display function has some sort of memory.  I suppose when the dealership took the gauges out to replace the dash panel, that is what caused the hour meter to zero out, not disconnecting the battery.  yes it is on a trailer.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I have a digital display built into the tachometer, they are Faria gauges.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    I store mine all winter indoors with no battery connection.  It will not zero out your hour meter.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • obabob
    obabob Member Posts: 5
    I remove my battery during winter storage each year. Hour meter does not reset to zero.