Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Boat Cover Snaps--size?

Options
bshippjr
bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
I need to replace some missing snaps on my boat cover.  When I look on ebay for just the female button parts that I need there are different sizes, but when I look on Amazon and other marine sites at the snap kits with the pliers there is no mention of size.  So......are boat cover snaps a universal size or should I be looking for a specific size?
Thanks.
2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @bshippjr, I'll be completely honest.  I purchased the pliers and snaps separately when I purchased mine.  I didn't pay attention to the sizing, I just got a pack of the male and a pack of female pieces and they matched fine.

However, in my experience, when I attached them to the cover side, when I went to click them to the existing male snap portion on the boat side, it didn't fit.  I tapped it on lightly using a hammer.  Pulled it off and it worked perfectly afterwards.  It needed to be seated initially was all I experienced but to my knowledge they're universal.  (I'm sure there are different size snaps, but in general, if you eyeball the size, it should match whats on the boat)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • vansev
    vansev Member Posts: 1
    Options
    It appears the center rivet is tall.  I am not sure if I should drill it out or punch it down?