Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

SD 2200 DC OB Items Sought

Options
My 1st Mate really feels she would like the bow fill cushion that we were told about by when we made our purchase last month. So while I am inquiring for this, I was wondering if yous may know where I could also find these items as well. Thanks in advance.

Bow Fill Cushion
Boat cover (Hurricane or a good fitting generic)
Bow table (for the days there are more people than normal)
Hurricane license plate frame

2013 SD 2200 DC
Yamaha 150 four-stroke
Lowrance Elite-4 HDI
Bow Cushion
WindStorm trailering cover (tailored for bimini frame)
Venture Tandem Bunk Trailer

Comments

• callforbids
    callforbids Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Options

dolfan1967,

A company by the name of Veada, Inc. (veada.com) mad a lot of interiors for Hurricane. They can be found on the web. Call them and tell them what you have, and they will try to help.

Steve

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dolfan1967, you can contact your local Hurricane dealer to investigate the availability of the bow fill cushion, cover, and bow table.  You can also get the table or generic fitting covers at overtons.com or iboats.com

As for the Hurricane license plate frame, I've never seen them and they're not on the Hurricane website (just hats, shirts, and drink coozys)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Veada is also a welcome member of the forum and may comment on your post regarding the bow cushion.

Regarding the cover, I'm not quite sure which kind of cover you're looking for, mooring or trailer.  Hurricane offers a mooring cover only.  If you didn't get it at the time of purchase, your dealer can get one and have it installed for you.  If you want a trailer style cover, then you can try to find an aftermarket that has a close fit for your shape/size of your boat and are available though a number of marine suppliers (Overton's, West Marine, etc.)  You also can find a good marine upholsterer in your area to get either cover made for you.  Although you will probably pay a bit more that the aftermarket covers, it will always have a better fit and give you some control over the quality of components.  Most upholsters will also offer you a choice of materials to help fit your budget.

ITC Marine is a supplier of a variety of hardware and accessory items  for the Nautic Group brands.  ITC makes the "Sequoia" brand table leg system that Hurricane uses.  It is available from your Hurricane Dealer or a number of marine suppliers (I know Overton's for one).  

The table top is made from King StarBoard (excellent Marine grade HDPE polyethylene).  You can buy the raw material and shape the table yourself (which gives you the ability to design your own shape) or buy one through your dealer.

Unfortunately,  I know of no license plate frames available at this time.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• riverrock
    riverrock Member Posts: 2
    Options

I also purchased a 2013 SD 2200 DC.  The purchase deal came with the bow cushions, however when the boat was delivered the cushions did not fit (too wide).  The dealer had Hurricane remake them and they still did not fit.  After the third try with Hurricane, the dealer had them privately made.  I do not know who made them, but they fit perfectly.  Good luck with an independent fabricator.

• dolfan1967
    dolfan1967 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Options

@ Riverrock,

It sounds like you and I think alike...where the cushions received were just way too large to fit in the designated area. But Nautica said their design is intentional, as they do not want the cushions to move while underway. I posted the instructions here. http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1517/bow-fill-cushion-instructions#latest

2013 SD 2200 DC
    Yamaha 150 four-stroke
    Lowrance Elite-4 HDI
    Bow Cushion
    WindStorm trailering cover (tailored for bimini frame)
    Venture Tandem Bunk Trailer